Australia has won a thrilling inaugural Women’s Senior Trans-Tasman Cup played at The Grange Golf Club in Adelaide.
The Australian team defeated New Zealand by a solitary point, 6.5 matches to 5.5 matches.
Australia took a one-point lead into day two after the foursomes and fourball matches on day one, but with six singles matches on the cards today, a winner wasn’t established until the second last match.
The tenaciously fought matches were halved 3-3 on the day, but Australia’s overnight lead was enough to seal the win.
The Women’s Senior Trans Tasman Cup will be played every two years rotating between Australia and New Zealand, with players needing to be 55 years of age and over to be eligible.
The next match will be played in New Zealand in 2020.
- AUS (Wooster & Pascoe) lost to NZ (Boniface & Morgan) 2-up
- AUS (Burke & Morgan) defeated NZ (Pullar & McCallum) 5&4
- AUS (Jeffery & Ryan) defeated NZ (Pellow & Holford) 3&1
- AUS (Wooster & Ryan) sq NZ (McCallum & Pellow)
- AUS (Pascoe & Morgan) lost to NZ (Holford & Boniface) 4&3
- AUS (Burke & Jeffery) defeated NZ (Morgan & Pullar) 4&3
- AUS (Wooster) defeated NZ (Boniface) 3&1
- AUS (Burke) defeated NZ (Morgan) 6&5
- AUS (Morgan) lost to NZ (Pullar) 4&2
- AUS (Jeffery) lost to NZ (Holford) 3&2
- AUS (Pascoe) defeated NZ (Pellow) 1-up
- AUS (Ryan) lost to NZ (McCallum) 2&1
Overall standings: Australia 6.5, New Zealand 5.5